Thursday, May 3, 2012

Mommies

Opening Rhyme
I wiggle my fingers, I wiggle my toes,
I wiggle my shoulders, I wiggle my nose,
Now all the wiggles are out of me
And I am as quiet as can be.


Books
Stay Close to Mama by Toni Buzzeo JE BUZ
Is Your Mama a Llama? By Deborah Guarino JE GUA
Owl Babies by Martin Waddell JE WAD




Rhymes/ Songs
Song/Fingerplay – Where is Thumbkin?
Where is thumbkin, where is thumbkin?
Here I am, here I am. How are you today sir?
Very well I thank you. Run and hide, run and hide.
Where is pointer…?
Where is tall man…?
Where is ring finger…?
Where is pinkie…?


Activity rhyme - Reach for the Ceiling
Reach for the ceiling, touch the floor.
Stand up again, let’s do some more.
Touch your head, and then your knee,
Touch your shoulders like this you see.
Reach for the ceiling, touch the floor.
Stand up, sit down.
There isn’t anymore.


Parent Tip
Drawing attention to illustrations in the story improves attention span and develops comprehension, a pre-literacy skill. Playing w/ language through rhymes and songs develops the pre-literacy skill of phonological awareness. You can read about the skills to get your child ready for school and reading on these bookmarks.



Craft
flowers for mommy. Use 2-4 squares of tissue paper cut into 4 inch squares. Pinch the middle and wrap with a pipe cleaner bent in half. Fluff the layers of tissue and you have a flower.



No comments:

Post a Comment